ROVOS RAIL CAPE WINE & DINE SPECTACULAR TOUR
TO STELLENBOSCH AND FRANSCHHOEK – “THE JEWEL OF SOUTH AFRICA”
INCLUDING A STUNNING WINELANDS GOLF EXPERIENCE
- Exclusive experience for Clients of The African Collection, with special value pricing.
- A 5 Day / 4 Night Guided Tour of the Winelands for 4 couples at a time on set departure dates, including 2 Night Rail Journey from Pretoria to Cape Town.
- Private visits, and tastings at some of the regions most celebrated wine estates, including the Rupert Family Estates : Rupert – Rothschild, La Motte and L`Ormarins; and additionally certain Estates owned by Distell Corporation : Alto, Allesverloren, Plaisir de Merle, Uitkyk, Fleur Du Cap, Stellenryck.
- Reserved dining at a selection of award winning restaurants including Le Quartier Francais, La Petit Ferme, Reuben`s, Pierneef at La Motte, Le Bon Vivant etc.
- Reserved golf at the nearby Pearl Valley Golf Estate (an outstanding Jack Nicklaus Signature course). Additional game possible at Arabella Golf Estate (one of Top 10 SA courses), near the town of Hermanus, renowned for superb whale watching.
- Optional Shopping for non-golfers in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch, with optional visit to Cape Town and its Waterfront.
- Accommodation in luxury suites at Lanzerac Hotel Stellenbosch, or at one of the superb lodges in the Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and Paarl areas.
- Guiding and transfers by experts as operated by Abercrombie & Kent Travel Services.
Rovos Rail brings you luxury train travel throughout Africa. The Pride of Africa is hailed as the most luxurious train in the world.
This is a private railway company operating out of Capital Park Station in Pretoria, South Africa.
Rovos Rail runs its train-hotel to a regular schedule on various routes throughout Southern Africa, from South Africa to Namibia and Tanzania. The trains consist of restored Rhodesia Railways (NRZ) coaches with two lounges, two restaurant cars, private sleeping compartments, each with private ensuite facilities. The train has three types of accommodation on board, the smallest being a Pullman, at 76 square feet; the largest being the Royal Suite, which is half a train car, and 172 square feet. All types of cabins have ensuite shower, sink and toilet. The Royal also has a Victorian-style bathtub.
“Experience Of A Lifetime – The Rovos Luxury Rail Journey.”
This 1 600-kilometre meander is a perfect illustration of South Africa as a world in one country. Travel the grasslands of the gold-rich Highveld to the haunting barrenness of the Great Karoo; trundle through the spectacular mountain ranges and scenic winelands of the Cape. Journey’s end is Cape Town, the Mother City of South Africa, cradled by the imposing bulk of Table Mountain, Devil’s Peak and Lion’s Head. Highlights of the north- and southbound routes include a visit to the historic village of Matjiesfontein; this authentic perfectly preserved Victorian Village – founded by Mr Logan as a refreshment stop in 1890 – also boasts an impressive museum on the platform. Another stop is made in Kimberley providing an opportunity to enjoy a city tour and a visit to the Diamond Mine Museum and the world’s largest man-made excavation, the Big Hole.
For further information on this spectacular Tour, please write to The African Collection
Accommodation at the Lanzerac Hotel & Wine Estate, Stellenbosch
Wonderful Golf at Pearl Valley Golf Estate`s Jack Nicklaus Signature Course and Clubhouse
Whale Watching at Hermanus during whale season